There's only one more sleep until the greatest sports competition in the world kicks off--Germany, Europe, and the World are all bracing for the World Cup Finals. Having read Steve's predictions, I thought that I would take a stab at this whole prognosticating thing -- I don't pretend to possess any knowledge, I mean, if everyone knew what was going to happen, what point would there be to playing the games? All I can promise is that all of my predictions are backed up by the loosest of logic and often, random guesses -- and rampant nationalistic pride.
So, without furthur adieu.....Paul's Predictions 2006:
Group Stage:
Group A: Germany and Poland
Group B: England and Paraguay
Group C: Argentina and Netherlands
Group D: Portugal and Mexico
Group E: Italy and Czech Republic
Group F: Brazil and Australia
Group G: France and Switzerland
Group H: Spain and Ukraine
Round of 16:
Paraguay over Germany
Argentina over Mexico
Italy over Australia
France over Ukraine
England over Poland
Portugal over Netherlands
Brazil over Czech Republic
Spain over Switzerland
Quarter Finals:
Argentina over Paraguay
Italy over France
England over Portugal
Brazil over Spain
Semi Finals:
Argentina over Italy
England over Brazil
Third Place Playoff:
Brazil over Italy
FINAL:
England over Argentina
World Cup 2006 Champions: England
Runners Up: Argentina
Third Place: Brazil
Fourth Place: Italy
Golden Boot Winner: Ronaldo (he may be fat, but he knows where the net is, and with the piss easy group they've been drawn into, and the players behind him, he could score three goals a game)
Thursday, June 08, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment