Thursday, September 14, 2006

Reports from the front

I'm back in Liverpool and strangely enough the sun is shining. I got back on Saturday in time to see Liverpool suffer the worst derby day defeat in many years, which sort of conveys my mood really....resignation.
It was nice to be home, it gets harder to come back everytime, as the end of my training appears on the horizon, I just want to get it over with and get back. I've made some really great friends in Liverpool, and I'm sure I'll stay in touch with them, maybe even come back and visit, but I'm just done with living here, you know?

Ah well.

I had a blast at home, I didn't get to see as many people as I'd have liked, but I did get to go to see my nephew, Kieran, for the first time.



He was very sweet. A happy little baby, didn't cry that often, slept a lot, and gave really wet, gummy kisses! I managed to get him in a Liverpool kit before I left too, which he promptly vomited on (shut up Johns!).

Thanks to Bri, I also got to go to The Ex for the first time in like 7 years. The sports building was a little disappointing, I remember it being a shangri-la of hockey cards, memorobilia, and a Jimmy Key/Tom Henke video batting cage. This year is was all leather belts, and discount books...fashion and reading aren't exactly demonstration sports at the next Olympics, are they?



I saw the future home of Toronto FC, unfortunately, I saw it as it will be for every Toronto FC home game, empty.



More thanks to Bri who wangled VIP air show tickets for Steve, Steve's parents, and myself - it was dead good, very loud, but dead good!




Anyway, that's pretty much all I did on my Canadian adventure this time around. I'll be home again at Christmas, I hope that I get to see more people and will have more pictures to post.
12 more months and I'll be home, let the countdown begin!

Peace kids.
x

1 comment:

Stephen Johns said...

You see? You try and influence a kid's mind, and what does he do? Vomits all over a Liverpool kit. Well done, Kieran! Well done.

Steve