Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Yet Another Top Five

As I was wandering through the Virgin Megastore today, I was inspired. There, among the piles of DVD's on sale, was my childhood - Ghostbusters I and II were part of the mega-sale. Naturally, I bought them, and am currently sitting watching the climax of Ghostbusters. So, what better way to commemorate this rediscovery, than my top 5 childhood movies.

1. The Karate Kid. Wax on, Wax off. Loved it.
2. Ghostbusters. Doh-Ray-Egon!
3. Labyrinth. David Bowie in satin trousers + the bog of eternal stench
4. The Neverending Story. Ohhhh-oh-oh-ohhhh-oh-ohhhh
5. The Dark Crystal. There's something about Skeksies!

At one time I could recite every line of each one of these movies, but time has made everything a little fuzzy. I watched each of them so often that the VHS tapes were threadbare!
If I've missed any, or you want to share your own favourites, let me know. I love hearing about that stuff!

5 comments:

Ange said...

The Karate Kid is perfect. It always takes me back to sitting on the couch in my pjs with my sis googling over the Kid.

As for Labyrinth and the Neverending Story - well, I was so afraid of them and hated them so much that I won't even watch them today. In fact, the Neverending Story was on tv a few months ago and Mikael wanted to watch, but I made him change it cause I can't handle it.

I don't like the over sized dog. Or weird little creatures.

Tgus said...

Solid choices Paulie Boy..but my top 5 would have to be:

1. The Princess Bride..."Walk?? Wesley, you're alive, if you want i could fly!" "IN-CON-CEIvable!"

2. Labrynth...just made the boy watch it for the first time, he was not as impressed as i figured he'd be, in fact hated it. I might have to reconsider this relationship.

3. The Goonies...HEY YOU GUUUUYYYYYYYYSSS!

4. Grease, for obvious reasons.

5. Alright, i'll give you the Karate Kid.

Liver-Paul said...

Angela - its not an oversized dog, its a LUCK DRAGON! The only part of the Neverending Story that scarred me was Artax, the horse sinking into the mud, now that was some heavy shit for an 8 year old!

Tal - How can anyone not love Labyrinth? "The power of voodoo, who do? you do? The power of the babe!" Sort that boy out!

Gavin27 said...

1-Back to the Future "Roads? Where we're going we don't need Roads."

2-Return of the Jedi - I don't count the others cause I wasn't actually conscious of them or alive...

3-Transformers - more than meets the eye!

4-Ernest goes to Camp

Any others wouldn't be true, b/c those sprang to mind as actually having watched as a child. and loved. but good other pics too people

Liver-Paul said...

Transformers is a good shout, Gav. Although, Watching Optimus Prime die might be one of the most traumatic events of my entire life!