This afternoon I found myself at Anfield again - a friend from class had her brother over from Belfast, and as he was a massive Liverpool fan, we took him down to the ground and around the museum, as the tour was once again, sold out.
Anfield still excites me, which I suppose is a good thing, seeing as its the reason I moved here. We went around the museum, and I saw the cup, the REAL cup for the first time since it went past me on a bus, while I was clinging to a lamp post and craning for a view.

Here I am, outside the club shop at the Kop end of the ground with a statue of Bill Shankly, the most influential manager in Liverpool's history.

There it is, *THE CUP!* Looking at it closely there are lots of finger and lip prints, left over from the celebrations. Standing this close, you just want to smash the glass and hoist it over your head!

Words of Scouse wisdom....at least you can understand them written down, if a Scouser actually said it, you'd have no clue!

The Shankly gates, with the motto of Liverpool football club - call me a loser, but they give me chills.
This entry was brought to you by:
Damien Rice - The Blowers Daughter
Deftones - Elite
Arctic Monkeys - Dancing Shoes
No comments:
Post a Comment