Just got home from seeing Hostel...what a waste of time. For the uninitiated, its about a gang of dudes that are backpacking and sleeping their way across Europe, they hear that there are easy girls in Slovakia, so off they go! Just outside of Bratislava, there's a hostel where they stay and pick up chicks. Then they start to disappear and die. Yawn. From the reviews I've read, I was expecting buckets of blood, gore and scares....instead, I was just a bit bored. The movie felt like it was trying to build up, but by the end it just seemed a little rushed. I won't give away any of the gorey details, just in case you want to waste your money....I will say, the only part that did make me wince was the lad getting his Achilles tendons slashed - now that would hurt!
If you do find yourself at the multiplex, do yourself a favor, go see 'V for Vendetta' instead. Even if you hate the movie, at least you've got Natalie Portman to look at!
Friday, March 24, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hostel was, as you say, a bloody waste of time. I rather agree with the Achilles tendon thing. One of my secret fears is having my Achilles tendon snap and roll up the back of my leg. In fact, my Achilles tendon on my left foot hurts right now, so the fear comes crawling back.
By the way, they do a really good job of making Slovakia look like a caveman's dwelling. You'd be surprised to note that there are actually modern cars over here, and that the taxi drivers actually drive them too. By the way, the whole film was shot in Prague, and I think I saw that old abandoned warehouse-type building from the train last weekend.
Post a Comment