Thursday, April 13, 2006

Music Makes the People, Come Together.........Yeah

Who am I to ignore a trend? Apart from all of high school when I wore nothing but tight black jeans, and full-print, trying too hard, metal t-shirts. So, to put high school angry Paul behind me - here's my take on the survey first seen on Bri's blog and taken up by a few others.

One Song I Hate to Admit That I Like:
Kanye West - Jesus Walks

Two Songs That Always Make Me Cry:
1. Nina Gordon - Tonight and the Rest of my Life
2. Oasis - Don't Go Away (this isn't technically true, as a song as never brought me to tears, but I connect these with incredibley emotional times, which will have to do)

Three Songs I Would Dance To At My Wedding:
1. Nina Gordon - Tonight and the Rest of My Life
2. Ella Fitzgerald - At Last
3. Frank Sinatra - Cheek to Cheek


Ten Songs I Can't Live Without:
1. Marilyn Manson - Dried Up, Tied Up, & Dead to the World
2. Rage Against the Machine - Bulls on Parade
3. Nine Inch Nails - Hurt
4. Oasis - Supersonic
5. Portishead - Sour Times
6. Death From Above 1979 - Romantic Rights
7. My Chemical Romance - Give 'Em Hell Kid
8. Tool - Aenima
9. Kasabian - Club Foot
10. Massive Attack - Angel

6 comments:

Ange said...

Paul - ever heard of a swedish band called Soilwork?

Ange said...

"At Last" - ruined for me by one of my dance teachers. 6 months of listening to the same song over and over will do it to you! Used to also be a fav of mine though.

Liver-Paul said...

Of course I've heard of Soilwork - I'm a bit too old for them now - they're pretty hardcore. I'm a little more mellow now, Im sure high school Paul would have loved them ;)

Stephen Johns said...

The lack of Mortiis on this list is depressing.

Stephen Johns said...

omg, MORTIIS IS PLAYING THE BARFLY IN LIVERPOOL!!!!!

Honestly, if you don't go see this...I don't know, man. Friendship over, methinks.

Liver-Paul said...

Omg! At the Barfly! That means Eleanor can get you *guestlist*, Paul! ;)

Lori