I'm back in the hospital, 13 weeks on a ward, doing real nurse work. Unfortunately, the universe, fate, and God have all conspired against me. My 13 week placement is on a colo-rectal surgery ward. That's right, 3 months of staring at bowels, and what comes out of them! I've been on for two days, so far, and in total, I've given two enemas, five different sets of suppositories, changed three colostomy bags, admitted five patients, filled out a mountain of pre-op paperwork, and handled one dead body. What have you guys done this week?
Its got to get easier, right?
Peace out kids,
xx
Wednesday, November 08, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
um...I had to assemble office furniture?
not even close.
You are a committed man. well done, but EEEW.
I'm so *proud* of you Paul... anal-destruction ward, or not! You're doing the best job anyone could imagine, with those asses! I couldn't be more proud of my hun ^^
Love Lori xo ;-p
ha ha ha ha ha ha...
Poor sweetheart! But, as Lori says, you're doing an incredibly important job and I know that you're going to be awesome at it!
I learned how to GPS this past week.
ha ha ha ha ha ha....
Please, let's not talk about our jobs when we get to finally see eachother after 2 yrs!!! There's gotta be more exciting things than to discuss.
Post a Comment